Re: std random

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> How external linkage is provided for this C++0x support remains an
> open-ended question. I am not comfortable exporting C++0x std:: types
> at this point as part of a stable interface, as I believe non-trivial
> changes are still likely.
>
> One thought is to have -std=gnu++0x/c++0x link in a separate c++0x lib,
> with versioned symbols. (Or to version the C++0x symbols as part of
> libstdc++.so.)

Of course, with libstdc++ symbols in the .so file are only a part of the
exported interface, due to all of the inlined functions.  Do we have a
way of segregating this likely-to-change functionality at the source
level so that users will not accidentally use C++0x capabilities?

It may even make sense to distinguish between C++0x in the compiler and
C++0x in the library, in the sense that I might want to use C++0x
language features without using C++0x library features, for users who
want to preserve the ability to link with older libstdc++.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery