Re: [v3] Fix / clean-up config vs crosses (5/n): avoid a TRY_RUN

Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:

>> As for GCC_CHECK_UNWIND_GETIPINFO, that looks like something that could
>> be a compile-time test (on all targets, whether or not native).  As
>> discussed previously, it really *should* be a link-time test, but unless
>> people are willing to rethink the one-tree build stuff, we're not
>> allowed link-time tests.
>>
>Ok, but then, let's ask the author of the test: Steve?

If we can't use a link time test, hardcoding it based on the target or
having a compile-time test seem like the only options.  I am not sure
how I would write a compile-time test.

FYI: I will be off line for most of this week and next week so don't
expect any quick responses (or patches) from me.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com