Re: [patch-rfc] N2179: Exception Propagation in C++

Hi,

> Why would we drop i386, even for GNU/Linux?  I have no objection
> to changing the default CPU, or saying that some features are
> unavailable on i386, but I can't see a good reason to drop the CPU
> altogether.

Ok, great. I remember also past messages from Joseph, I think there are hopes to change the default for 4.4.0. I'll try to pay personal attention to the issue.

Anyway, let's try to decouple the various things (and maybe fork this thread, in case ;) As regards N2179, for now we are simply going ahead with __exchange_and_add & co on a simple _Atomic_word. I'll post a tested patch later on...