Re: Is std::search coding fast enough?

Dimitris Xochellis wrote:

Hi Paolo,

The code of the predicate version seems even less efficient to me. I am rather tired and maybe I
am not thinking straight right now, but what is the reasoning behind of the two loops *A* & *B*
that seems to do the same thing?

I think only some grey-haired (ex) HP / SGI people can know the answer ;)

Seriously, I agree here too, I would say let's keep *B* only. But let's not try to do too much at once for the first time in *years*. I would say let's give other people a chance to double check those two changes, in the meanwhile I will regtest. Then we can imagine doing more...

Thanks again,