dataflow branch merge plans (Fwd)

	Disseminating this announcement as widely as possible.

David

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:21:34 -0400
From: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck@naturalbridge.com>
To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>, gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: dataflow branch merge plans.

At this point the entire branch has been reviewed by Ian Taylor. It is
expected that all of the changes that he has asked for will be committed
either tonight or tomorrow.

Danny Berlin will do another merge with the trunk tonight and we will
test that.

As of last week, the dataflow branch was clean on x86-32, x86-64, spu,
mips, arm and sh.

There is one ia-64 regression with "make profiledbootstrap"
There are a small number of ppc libjava regressions.
Sparc has a pending patch, when that is reviewed, the sparc will be
clean.
pa-risc has a pending patch, when that is reviewed it will at least
bootstrap.  The regression tests are still running.
alpha bootstraps, no regressions have been run.
m68k is in progress.  bonzini and zippel are negotiating changes to make
it work.

It is our plan to commit the branch on monday June 11.  Hopefully in the
morning on the us east coast.  This depends on the trunk working at that
time.

To make this process easier, we ask that people hold off committing
large patches, especially to the rtl passes on that day.  The dataflow
branch does not touch the tree level, nor the front ends.

Kenny

------- End of Forwarded Message