Re: tr1::regex boilerplate

Stephen M. Webb wrote:

On 12/03/07 07:55, Paolo Carlini wrote:

:) I quickly applied the patch, fixed a couple of trivial issues (like

"" in wstring constructors) and ran the regression tests on x86 and x86_64:

Could you possibly send me the issue details?

No problem, already fixed in my local copy. Anyway, those "" + a spurious typename in regex_traits::length. And of course I had to adjust formatting.

Are those fails actually expected?

Yes and no: I would expect them to fail, I didn't realize they crept in to the patch. I manually removed a whole lot of xfail tests from the patch 'cos I figured they'd be more thrilling to submit them incrementally as functionality was added. The idea of posting something like 'here's what I did and proof it doesn't work' strikes me as bizarre.

Indeed, you are totally right. Therefore, what do you think, shall I remove those tests from this first "boilerplate" commit?

If you send the the details of your trivial issues I will whip up a formal patch with changelog for approval.

As I said, don't worry about those details, just send me a ChangeLog and let me know about those fails and we can commit the thing before the end of the day.