Re: tr1::regex boilerplate

Stephen M. Webb wrote:

Hey all you all,

I've managed to catch a little bit of breath during a Krunch Time That Never Ends and put together a review patch of my original regex boilerplate and some test cases for an initial review. Please have at it. Don't hold back. Do your worst, I lost my pride years ago.

:) I quickly applied the patch, fixed a couple of trivial issues (like "" in wstring constructors) and ran the regression tests on x86 and x86_64:

FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/algorithms/search/char/1-ecma.cc execution test
FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/algorithms/search/char/1-posix.cc execution test
FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/algorithms/search/char/2-ecma.cc execution test
FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/algorithms/search/char/2-posix.cc execution test
FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/algorithms/search/char/3-ecma.cc execution test
FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/algorithms/search/char/3-posix.cc execution test
FAIL: tr1/7_regular_expressions/regex/cons/char/c_string_extended_bad.cc execution test

Are those fails actually expected? I think so, I think unimplemented functions are involved, but wanted to be sure (maybe you wanted to test something else...) and in case xfail the tests for now and go ahead.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch some free coding cycles to whip more of the meat and potatoes of the parser and engine into a presentable form in the next little while.

Please!

Thanks,