Re: Rebootstrap after adding some files...

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:

I got some warnings.  I don't know if that's normal or not:
MacOSX:~/gcc/libstdc++-v3 ed$ autoreconf
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_ABS
autoheader: Use AC_DEFINE([HAVE____BUILTIN_ABS], [], [Description])
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_COS
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_COSF
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_COSL
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_FABS
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_FABSF
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_FABSL
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_LABS
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_SIN
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_SINF
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_SINL
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_SQRT
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_SQRTF
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE____BUILTIN_SQRTL
autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoheader failed with exit status: 1

I started the rebuild anyway so I guess we'll see.

I hope the issue is already solved but I see a plain failure, not just warnings and in that case for sure there are no hopes... Anyway: are you using the right version of the tools, that is autoconf-2.59 and automake-1.9.6 ??

Paolo.

I basically got a whole new setup and started over again.
I'll see about the autotools versions. Apple seems to get cranky about building newer versions of these IIRC.

Anyway, I was busy with work a lot so I didn't have time to work too much anyway.

But I *did* find a bug in GSL (that I need to tell them about) that was throwing off some of the test generation for the Laguerre polynomials. I compared against results from Mathematica and found out that if we (and GSL) use recursion for the ordinary laguerre(n, x) for largish n we should all be just fine. The GSL routine punts on recursion for laguerre(n, a, x) for a = 0 and does a hypergeometric approximation that goes titsup for large n. (I actually think having hypergeometric functions in a standard library is nuts but that is another missive.)

So I'll send out the function comparison and test generation toys next like I said I would.

Then I'll send out another patch that should work for most platforms Monday. I'm using i686 cygwin or i686-linux because these seem to be the weakest links in terms of accuracy.

I think I need to explore this compile farm.

Ed