Re: C99 _Complex and C++ complex<> interoperability.

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:43:19PM -0600, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd@verizon.net> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | I was a little more surprised that C++ complex vars could take
> | assignments from C99 complex and the C++ ctors could take C99 input.
>
> The latter is by conscious decision, the latter followed.
> But, I don't plan to go further, i.e. standardize.

Doesn't matter.  Once users discover the feature, and once one or more
widely-used programs use the feature, we will find it very difficult to
take it out.

Ideally, the relevant standards committees will fix the current situation
soon, and define interfaces between the two complex types.  A successful,
widely deployed implementation (gcc) might help suggest the correct
resolution.