Re: C++ PATCH: PR 20599 (1/3)

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

So, with that amendment, i.e., with the addition of:

(d) predefine a macro (or macros) that indicates that we're in C++0x mode

are there objections to the policy set out above? Point (d) doesn't mean that we can't predefine many macros (for various features) or that we have to use any particular value; it's just saying that we'll give users some way of figuring out what dialect of C++ they're using.
Looks good to me.

I only want to restate that the initial issue, variadic templates, remains unresolved

I agree, and to be 100% clear, I don't mean to preclude debate on that issue. I think having a policy will be a useful guide, but we can always decide to make exceptions to it when and as needed.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery