Re: Return value optimisation patch for g++ 2.95.3?

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, the plan is to eventually migrate
legacy code to use
newer compilers which will take a long time. Just wanted to avoid
return-by-reference based workarounds if by chance there was patch
available.

Ravi

On 5/24/06, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:36:47PM -0700, Ravi Menon wrote:
> Apologise if this not the right forum to discuss this particular
> issue. I am wondering
> if there is a patch for return value optimisation (rvo) for g++ 2.95.3
> version?

2.95.3 is a tiny patch to 2.95.2.  2.95.2, in turn, is almost eight years
old and unmaintained, and the version of C++ it supports is so old and
oddball as to be almost a different language.  I don't think you're going
to find what you are looking for; it will be far less effort in the long
run to port whatever code you need this for so that it's written in
maintainable C++, not the weird language that 2.95.x accepted.