Re: __cxa_atexit question

> I was wondering if building atexit, __cxa_atexit, and __cxa_finalize
> into libstdc++ would be considered reasonable?  Obvious this would have
> to be controllable based on platforms and/or a configure option since we
> don't want these in the linux libstdc++ but other platforms (like HP-UX)
> might want them in their libstdc++ libraries.

Personally, I think the linux arrangement makes sense. It seems odd to
make atexit, from C's stdlib, depend on the C++ library.

As far as your suggestion..... __cxa_atexit and __cxa_finalize,
perhaps. I would be in favor of actual definitions of these functions
if you go this route. Or, were you thinking of linking to other
definitions elsewhere?

Currently, for the gcc toolchain on HPUX, there is no __cxa_atexit
definition?

> Has this idea been discussed before?

If so, I don't remember it.

-benjamin