Re: [Patch] First bits of the algo merge

Howard Hinnant wrote:

> Such an iterator would only qualify as an input iterator, but
> otherwise I think would be conforming, reference 24.1.1p2, table row:
>
> *a      convertible to T

The issue of exactly what convertible to T should cover is library issue
484, it looks like the whole issue is "up in the air" and there is say
exactly what is supposed to work (in particular, is it "our job" to
force conversion to the value_type or not), and what isn't, is supposed
to be handled as part of the iterator redesign.

I am personally tempted to say that any iterator where "*a == *b"
doesn't work is probably so broken we shouldn't be going to the effort
to force it to work...

Chris