Re: Special functions in TR1

Jonathan Wakely wrote:

On 08/12/05, Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd@verizon.net> wrote:

Also, I've been looking at the TR. There are a lot of pieces that need
to be built. I was thinking it might be nice to have a table on some
web page that outlines the pieces that need to be done and the current
status. Something like the C99 status or the Classpath status. I'll
take a shot at this.

Great. I suggest an html/docs/ext/tr1.html page, linked to from the FAQ ("what's next after libstdc++-v3?") and the extensions page (the SGI hash container docs should direct people to the unordered containers). The TR1 docs should give details of the implementation choices (shared_ptr locking, thread-safety; tuple design; recursive #includes etc.) as well as a list of what's not done yet. I have most of this sitting on my hard drive but can't commit it until my copyright assignment is in place, which I'm working out with my new employer. If you prepare the list of what's supported/missing I hope I can supply the rest, eventually.

jon

Here is a patch to faq/index.html and a new file ext/tr1.html.
I'm not done yet. I just wanted to see what people thought of the format
and granularity of the table. I mostly just took the TOC from the TR1 n1837
and added some markup. There are a few lines where more detail should be added
to get what's required.

I marked most of the container items as done to see what it looked like
and because it looks like that's pretty close to the case.

After incorporating comments and after incorporating some ideas that I have
I'll send for Copyright assignment.

Ed Smith-Rowland