Re: STL mt_allocator crash in global construcutor

Around about 06/12/05 14:30, Paolo Carlini typed ...
You mean, a default configured 4.1 snapshot? By default, 4.1 (or FSF
4.0.x, for that matter), does *not* use mt_allocator. The default is
simply the so-called "new allocator", which just forwards to new/delete.
It's hard to imagine something more robust and stable in that area: if
you still experiencing problems must be something entirely different...

Actually, I'm no longer at all sure what I just tested; I can't reproduce the crash under 4.1 at all now, so I think I must have accidentally done a 'make' not a 'make CCC=g++4.1' at some point in the line. Ho hum.

When I see the crash it's always in mt_allocator.h, so if as you say the default FSF build is to not use it, I can't have done it right.

I'll have to figure out how to build gcc with the new allocator now, then.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature