Re: libstdc++ - version 3 default allocator

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 04:11:38PM +0530, Sameer Atre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The older version of libstdc++ (version 2) had a macro
> __STL_DEFAULT_ALLOCATOR which could be used for redefining the default
> allocator for all STL containers in a program.
>
> How can I get the same behaviour in version 3 of libstdc++ when I want
> to change the default allocator for all containers.

You must re-configure and re-compile libstdc++ if you want a different
default allocator.  See the --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=OPTION
documentation in the libstdc++ configuration docs:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/configopts.html

Using this option can result in a libstdc++ binary that is not
compatible with default-configured builds.

Regards,

jon

--
"God is as real as I am," the old man said.  My faith was restored, for
I knew that Santa would never lie.