[v3] testsuite docs

This patch updates the libstdc++ testing docs. Not included is how to
test an installed compiler: I cannot quite get this to work using the
formula that Mark detailed last month. I'm hoping that when that become possible, he'll update the docs.

While doing this, I decided to consolidate all the char_traits pod work
into one file, testsuite_character.h. Those changes make up the majority
of this patch. Further simplification (we need specializations for
select one, two, and three of char_type, int_type, and state_type:
there's a bit of duplication right now) is possible but not in this
patch.

I removed check-script and check-script-install.

I'm seriously considering making libv3test based on check-local, not via
noinst_LIBRARY. That might be the cleanest way to do this bit, and avoid
the current dejagnu/make duplication.

tested x86/linux

-benjamin