Re: PATCH: Fix "make install"

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

I modified abi_check to return a non-zero exit code when it finds a
missing symbol or one whose size has changed.  I removed "make
check-abi-verbose" and instead had DejaGNU always pass the "--verbose"
option, since the output goes into the DejaGNU log, and DejaGNU will
print the key pass/fail information.

This I am less thrilled about, although I suppose I can live with it.

Is there any chance of getting the verbose information printed out again?

It's not particularly in the spirit of DejaGNU to print out information about passing tests. However, it's certainly possible, and I can arrange that if you like. (It would come out mixed in with the normal DejaGNU output stream.) By verbose output, do you mean the output of "abi_check --verbose" or merely the pseudo-DejaGNU summary it prints at the end?

I was expecting:

=== libstdc++ check-abi Summary ===

# of added symbols:              50
# of missing symbols:            0
# of incompatible symbols:       0

DejaGNU isn't going to be able to do that. What would be possible would be to have a separate test for each symbol in the baseline file, and then, for any that were missing or had the wrong size, you would get something like:

FAIL: _Zsomething: Symbol has wrong size.

That would require a little modification to the abi_check.cc program.

using: baseline_symbols.txt
PASS: abi_check
testcase /mnt/hd/src/gcc/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/libstdc++-abi/abi.exp
completed in 6 seconds

However, as you note, this information is in the testsuite log (which
overrites the log from 'make check' FYI.)

That is because now it's all part of one testsuite. For example, if you "make current_symbols.txt" (which we could also have the testuite do, if you like), and then do "make check" the ABI test will be run as part of "make check", in addition to the customary tests.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC