Re: Our 4.0 Changes

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm drafting our section of the 4.0 Changes. The below is what I have
right now: contributions and corrections are *very* welcome from
everyone, in particular from the authors of important changes, of course!

Paolo.

Feel free to not put these things in, they are just the things that occur to me, of things I have been involved in :)

std::iter_swap (and therefore most of the mutating algorithms) now makes an unqualified call to swap when the value_type of the two iterators is the same. While not required by the standard, iter_swap will still work on proxy iterators as long as their their reference_type is not "value_type&".

Also, do you want to add something like:

No guarantes about the implementation of the code in TR1 is provided. In particular the final location of the headers and namespace in which they will be in has not been finalised, and it is not promised that libstdc++-v3 will remain link compatable when code using TR1 is used.

The link-compatable bit in particular I think about.. in particular tuple<> won't be link compatable if next version we give it a maximum of 20 or 30 parameters, and if anything changes that might break things to...

Chris