Re: [libstdc++ patch] tr1::bind, take 2

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>This is ok with me as well. I have to note that there is a sizable time increase still.
>
>One solution is compiler related.
>Another solution(?) is PCH related (ie putting tr1 stuff in stdc++.h.gch, or putting it in tr1.h.gch)
>
>What's the plan WRT these items? Just curious.

In mainline, Steven already committed a nice compiler speed-up. Seems
safe, and I will support as much as I can its backport to 4.0.1.

About pchs, adding tr1 bits it's possible, and would fix the make-check
slow-down. Seems also easy to implement as a very tiny follow-up to
Doug/Chris patch. However, as mentioned by Chris some time ago, the tr1
pch header is rather big (at the time ~50 M). I'm not sure we want to
increase the size of the pch for the sake of the tr1 users... What do
you think?