Re: iter_swapping vector<bool>::iterator..

Chris Jefferson <caj@cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

| Paolo Carlini wrote:
| | Paolo Carlini wrote:
| |
| |> Ok, then let's ask Chris to provide a solution fo this issue, as already
| |> outlined in various messages.
| |
| |
| | To be clear, I mean adding an overload: among the various proposals seems
| | the one which people like most (myself included ;)
| |

| Actually, I might have come up with a better way of dealing with it :)
| This patch makes sure that we only use swap to implement iter_swap when
| value_type& = reference_type (which should be true for all forward
| iterators, which is in theory all we should accept!)

I apologize for not having followed this discussion more closely.
Whatever you do, please do keep in mind that vector<bool> breaks most
(all?) standard assumptions in various ways and there are known DRs
for those with endless discussions.  Whatever you do, please make sure
that the standard semantics are fullfilled and remember that
vector<bool> just is in outerspace.

-- Gaby