Re: [patch] Simplifying <algorithm>: Part 2

Paolo Carlini wrote:

... another observation: we are missing a couple of stl_algobase.h bits (min, max)
right?

Yep, and also some functions in stl_heap.h (make_heap, pop_heap, etc.). this is not yet the end :) but I decided to ship some things, just in case I was doing something horribly wrong :)

One further change I intend to make to stl_algo.h (after some benchmark testing I'm undertaking at the moment) is possibly merging those funtions which take either a value OR a comparison operator, by something like (WARNING: horrible code ahead)

template<class T>
struct object_equal
{
T& obj;
object_equal(T& _obj) : obj(_obj) {}
operator()(T& in) { return in == obj; }
};

Although obviously such things would require some careful benchmarking (in particular I can't see why this would generate alising problems, but I should check)...

Chris