Re: Consistently using __throw_* (was: Re: PATCH: Eliminate usesof "sleep"...)

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

t for this issue, and for a consistent
fix we need to add a few functions to the set in functexcept.h.
At least:

__throw (which boils down to either throw or abort)

It looks like this usage is mostly ok, with the exception of some
testsuite_* files. I can fix these up.

Yes, please!

__throw_symbol_error
__throw_facet_error
__throw_positioning_error
__throw_fuzzy_logic

Not quite sure where you are getting these? Hmm.

Sorry: I was browsing too quickly an old grep and some notes: those all come
from testsuite_io.h, testsuite_abi.cc, 19_diagnostics/stdexceptions.cc...

It is undoubtedly true that functexcept.h should contain -fno-except
versions exception objects used by the library, extensions, and
tr1 work.

... all those exceptions objects are actually straightforwardly derived from
standard exception objects, e.g., symbol_error from logic_error, and I'm
not sure about the best way to fix the issue. Maybe should we just use, e.g.,
__throw_logic_error where now throw symbol_error() is used?

Anyway, I understand that you are going to clean all this stuff up, thanks in
advance!