Re: Implementing normal algorithms using predicate versions

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 03:00:31PM +0000, caj wrote:
> Many algorithms have a predicated version, and a version which simply
> uses operator<. Why not implement the operator< versions using the
> predicated versions? This would seem to half the size of the algorithm
> heaader, remove lots of redundant code, and on -O2 seems to produce
> identical code...

This is probably just historical.  When the STL was written, compoilers
just weren't very good.  Anywhere you can demonstrate that it actually
does produce the same code, nowadays, I think a patch would be welcome.

Nathan Myers
ncm-nospam@cantrip.org