Re: Bugs/non-portable assumptions in libstdc++

Chris Lattner wrote:

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. In particular, I specifically mean non-POD
objects. The reference above seems to really to only apply to POD objects
that don't have constructors.

I don't think so, because the reference I gave is the *beginning* of 3.6.2 and the
whole 3.6 is certainly not about POD generally (POD types are introduced later,
in 3.9). Also, POD are specifically mentioned (with a forward reference to 3.9),
later in the paragraph, for some specific details.

In particular, 12.6.2.4 (in 14882-2003b) says:

"...
After the call to a constructor for class X has completed, if a member of
X is neither specified in the constructors mem-initializers, nor
default-initialized, nor value-initialized, nor given a value during
execution of the body of the constructor, the member has indeterminate
value."

Whereas *this* paragraph begins with "If a given nonstatic data member... " ;)