Re: [patch] Doxygen tweaks

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:32:40AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> My patch is supposed to let doxygen interpret "@file algorithm" as
> applying to <algorithm> and not <ext/algorithm>, and "@file memory" as
> applying to <memory> not <ext/memory> or <tr1/memory> (*)
>
> Otherwise Doxygen thinks we've just forgotten to give the directory
> prefix (**) and ends up lumping the docs for <algorithm> under
> <ext/algorithm>

I was wrong - the docs for <algorithm> just vanish, or so it seems. This
means you don't even get a page showing which other headers <algorithm>
includes and so can't click through to see the contents of stl_algo.h
etc.

> I'll generate a set of docs and put bits of it online to show what I
> mean, in case the behaviour's specific to my Doxygen version.

See here:
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~cow/tmp/html_user/files.html

There is no page for <algorithm> (this gets a 404):
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~cow/tmp/html_user/algorithm.html

But with my patch:
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~cow/tmp/html_user.patched/files.html

And now there is a page for <algorithm>:
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~cow/tmp/html_user.patched/algorithm.html

(N.B. there are two full sets of docs there and I'm over my disk
allowance on this box already, so I'll remove 'em soon)

jon

--
"I can't imagine competence as anything save admirable, for it is very
 rare in this world, and especially in this great Republic, and those who