Re: vector<> can probably never grow to it's maximum size!

Dhruv Matani wrote:

In my opinion, you cannot *always* consider growing 1-item-at-a-time only
because ::operator new throws. As I already told you, from the point of view
of the user, that knows nothing about memory and so on, the vector is growing slowly and since you are catching the exceptions he cannot know why.

Hmmm. The user may also start wondering why the vector is performing so
many copies.

Which copies?