Re: Style of libstdc++ header files

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:50:43 -0500, Wolfgang Bangerth
<bangerth@ices.utexas.edu> wrote:

> My request therefore would be if the libstdc++ people could comment if it is
> possible to gradually move away from their style of using inlined function
> definitions, and towards a style where function declarations and definitions
> are always clearly separated. I understand that this is a huge change, but
> one that could make the life of us bugmasters so much easier!

I would oppose to that as atleast short always-to-be-inlined methods are
way easier to read/find if they are defined inline.  I'd rather spent
the converting time creating a more C++-syntax aware
testcase-reduction tool (like f.i. as you are suggesting, removing
method definitions but retaining/creating declarations).

If our C++ parser would only be so readable to be able to reproduce
source - I tried for a weekend, but miserably failed to even get to
the point of just re-outputting recognized tokens...

Richard.