Re: [v3] FP printing, take 2

Jerry Quinn wrote:

Final comments?

Hi Jerry, two quick comments.

I wanted to ask how are you testing the ongoing work: I remember you had a script comparing printf to the inserters and that we still had some minor problems (proably false alarms) in corner cases... I would be happy to run something similar on a few 64-bit architectures but maybe I will not be really able to do that during the next 1 & half week or so. Let's keep in touch.

Another unrelated comment: are you taking into account in the design that bug with grouping & zero precision (no decimal point, anyway) that I mentioned some time ago? Basically, we look for the decimal point and we group everything to its left: if we don't find it, we group also the exponential part, if present! Fixing it in the current framework its feasible but very ugly, and I was wondering whether we can arrange for the new framework to make it easier...