This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3] FP printing, take 2
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:21:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] FP printing, take 2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jerry Quinn wrote:
Final comments?Hi Jerry, two quick comments.
I wanted to ask how are you testing the ongoing work: I remember you had
a script comparing printf to the inserters and that we still had some
minor problems (proably false alarms) in corner cases... I would be
happy to run something similar on a few 64-bit architectures but maybe I
will not be really able to do that during the next 1 & half week or so.
Let's keep in touch.
Another unrelated comment: are you taking into account in the design
that bug with grouping & zero precision (no decimal point, anyway) that
I mentioned some time ago? Basically, we look for the decimal point and
we group everything to its left: if we don't find it, we group also the
exponential part, if present! Fixing it in the current framework its
feasible but very ugly, and I was wondering whether we can arrange for
the new framework to make it easier...