Re: Why doesn't iter_swap use swap?

Daniel Frey wrote:

Maybe I should separate issues more clearly. This first issue is, how std::iter_swap should be implemented. The text of DR 187 suggests that is makes an unqualified call to swap. I think this is intrusive to the user as it activates ADL. I think this should be avoided as we don't have evidence of such behaviour elsewhere in the standard (AFAIK). IMHO the DR should be changed to make clear that iter_swap it meant to make a qualified call to std::swap.

That would be counter to the resolution of issues 225, 226, 229, detailed in N1523: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1523.htm

Martin