Re: Why doesn't iter_swap use swap?

Hi Chris,

thanks for pointing out this issue.

Just to pad out my earlier mail, it looks like intel's implementation does use swap to implement iter_swap, and stlport's implementation requires the two parameters to iter_swap must have the same type (unlike the standard).

There is also a defect report against iter_swap ( http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-defects.html , defect 187 ), which discusses how to be honest it's a bit of a mess.

Well, in my opinion, since the status is [WP] and the resolution very simple, barring specific well argumented objections we should just implement it as soon as possible...