Re: New to C++

Chris Linnet wrote:

I've just started to learn the C++ language using the libstdc++ library.
I'm having some trouble locating any kind of information which documents the
build-in functions of the library (things like data sorting, converting
strings to upper/lower case, etc).

Where would I look to find this information?

A good book is in order, IMHO, like Josuttis (ISBN: 0201379260).
For the specific issue of converting strings upper/lower we have a FAQ entry
available:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/21_strings/howto.html#4

More generally, I like also these online pages:

   http://www.roguewave.com/support/docs/sourcepro/stdlibug/index.html
   http://www.roguewave.com/support/docs/sourcepro/stdlibref/index.html