Re: Debug mode output broken

Jonathan Wakely wrote:

Possibly. I'm trying to debug it further but it's _really_ difficult
when GDB tells me there are no locals in the functions I'm stepping
through. Trying to work out which character of the string __start points
to is hard when GDB insists 'No symbol "__start" in current context.'

Sorry for the trivial observation: are you building both the library and your
executable '-O0 -g'?