Re: [Lsb-wg] opposition to LSB 2.0 rc1

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 12:23:51AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> The LSB is supposed to consider both the community and the vendors. The
> vendors have a current position and its clear that the vendor position
> is v5. The glibc and g++ development world apparently prefers v6. They
> don't go away by not being "runtime implementors" or not having votes
> that count in the LSB.

I don't care if a stopgap LSB based on 3.3.5 is adopted with the
understanding that a replacement (based on v6) is in the works.  If this
is done, it would be only fair for the LSB document to warn about the
problems and to limit the life of the specification somehow.  As for the
GCC team, I'd like the focus to be on making sure that the mistakes of the
past are not repeated.