Re: patch: mt_allocator.h

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 12:36:25AM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> However, I agree, the single pool is probably desired. The downside is
> that this will impact the ability to actually tune the memory allocation
> parameters, since you'd have to do this before first allocation.

BTW, I have a feeling this might end up making the "static
initialization problems" I had with mt_allocator on
sparc-sun-solaris2.8 go away.  My vacation interfered with me working
on that any further until now :), but I'll try things with this new
version and see the result.

To deal with tuning the allocation parameters, would it be
wrong-headed to somehow get a function called to ask for the
parameters at first allocation?  Is this even possible in a clean way?
That way, it would be obvious at which point setting of the parameters
becomes bad (and they wouldn't have to be globally writable).

Brad Spencer - spencer@infointeractive.com - "It's quite nice..."
Systems Architect | InfoInterActive Corp. | A Canadian AOL Company