Re: [v3] __pool_alloc rework

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 08:42:50PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Carlo Wood wrote:
> Before any other technical discussion, why don't you give mt_alloc a try?
> You can find the last version both in mainline and 3_4-branch, just pass
> --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=mt at build time. If I understand well your
> problems there are good chances that it can do better than pool_alloc.

I cannot test it at the moment - but I looked at the code, and it
looks good: this code does not lock a mutex while calling new
if I see it correctly.  That would mean that I can use the allocator
recursively from malloc() (called from operator new).

It does use a __gthread_key_t however, which might caused problems for me.
I'd have to test that.  There won't be the need for an accessor that
tests if the allocator has its mutex locked however.

Great :).  Will this be included as default in 3.5?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>