Re: string::find complexity.

Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> writes:

> By the way, *methodological* help would be also appreciated! For instance:
> in case we don't have available a large testcase, comparing also codesize
> besides performance, helps, right? Usually, I do that too, but I have to
> remember to post the numbers more often (I did, sometimes)

Hmmm.  Code size matters.  Also testing on different architectures
matters.

What we could really use, of course, is a sizeable C++ program to
optimize.  Once that one is working pretty well, pick another, and
optimize both simultaneously.  But I don't know how to get that.

There must be some other good ideas out there....

Ian