Re: Standard header format.

"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@globalsymmetry.com> writes:

| Yes, I am aware of that footnote in the Standard.  I've had lengthy discussion
| about this on both comp.lang.c++ and comp.std.c++.  I believe Stroustrup was
| operating under the traditional assumption that the standard headers are in
| fact header files.

You believe wrong.

[...]

| But he has already chided me for making conjectures about what he
| thinks,

and rightly so. And from your messages, I believe "conjectures" is an
euphemism but, if he used that word, I suppose that was a polite way of
stating the matter.

| Do you understand my motivation for wanting this interface in electronic form?

I understand what you're saying with all its misrepresentations.  And
I'm saying it is a dead end.  Do you understand that?

-- Gaby