[(nowhere)] Thought you might want to see this...

A friend sent this to me and since we now have performance testsuite,
I thought you'll be interested too.  The downside is that the original
poster did not provide a testcase.  However, I thought V3 might want
to get into contact with him and try to sort out what is going on.

-- Gaby

Subject: Topics

Topics:
   Thought you might want to see this...

--- Begin Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I recognized very poor performance in using the gcc 3.4 multimap. When
builing a big map and iterating very often over the ranges delivered
by equal_range for specific keys the gcc implementation is about 30
times slower than the implementation shipped with SUN Studio 8. This I
think is very strange, because all other code of our application is
normally about 10 % faster when using gcc.

Regards,
Bernd

--- End Message ---
--