Re: gcc-3.4.0: mt_allocator crashes due to alignment problems on SPARC targets when sizeof(type) <= 2

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:37:58PM -0500, B. Kosnik wrote:
> Brad, before you get too deep into your current woes, you may want to
> try using the mainline mt_allocator.h file. I think the 3.4.0 branch
> file is missing the alignment patches that Paolo put into mainline.

I have dropped rev 1.28 of mt_allocator.h into the gcc-3.4.0 source
tree, built it and used it to build both the small test program and
the original real application that was having problems.  All seems
well so far.  This is for sparc-sun-solaris2.8.

> I would still like to change the defaults for linux, at least for
> LSB-compliant systems by specifying a --enable-libstdcxx-allocator flag,
> and perhaps solaris too if it was known to work. I think time is rapidly
> forcing some kind of decision, however.

I will provide further feedback on i386-pc-solaris2.8 when I get there
:), and I may be able to try sparc64-sun-solaris2.8, too.

Thanks for your help!

Brad Spencer - spencer@infointeractive.com - "It's quite nice..."
Systems Architect | InfoInterActive Corp. | A Canadian AOL Company