C++ Kernel

Hello all,

I've been following this list for about two months to get knowledge on how g++ works internally. The reason I'm doing it is because I'm writing and operating system using C++ (to have full OO design). I got the global constructor/destructor to work, got some code from libsupc++ to make inheritance and virtual functions to work, but I can't make exceptions and RTTI to work, if I just compile the code without -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti, in the linking I get:

main.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

I saw gxx_personality_v0 on libsupc++ but it uses code from other parts and I have the felling of "bloating" the code more than needed... (what gxx_personality_v0 does anyway??)

Since you are the gurus in g++ where, how can I make a stripped version of libsupc++ to get support to: virtual functions/pure virtual classes, exceptions and rtti? I need a stripped version because the kernel has to small, can't put the entire libstdc++ inside it...

If this list isn't the place to discuss this, please tell me where to post :-)

Thanks in advance,

Silvio Fonseca
S3O Kernel Team