Re: performance testresults

Loren James Rittle wrote:

this looks a bit strange to me since it doesn't match my testresults
(outside of the libstdc++ testsuite). I know, I should find the answer
to this myself but I have not access to the machine where I have the
required tools (tcl etc) right now...

Guys, I took a look at Benjamin's numbers. It looks like some of the tests are swapping (is that possible, Benjamin?): 'r' time way higher than 'u'+'s'. For this reason, I personally think that 'r' time is useless other than as an indirect measure that (e.g. in this case) __mt_alloc may be taking more memory to run the same work-load.

This is quite possible, I have been meaning to report that for some days.

Honestly, I didn't really follow the technical details of your changes to
the testsuite, but I can say for sure that whereas on mainline my 512 M
machine runs the allocator tests quite smoothly, on the 3_4 branch it
becomes almost unusable...