Re: [RFC] Doubts about digit grouping corner cases

Nathan Myers wrote:

It's unfortunate that DR358 (thanks Martin) didn't address the whole issue, and that I wasn't equipped to participate at the time. The correct fix would have been to reference the BNF, and terminate extraction as soon as the BNF was violated. Sigh.

We can still do that in the course of addressing the related 'e'/'E' problem. Unless you already plan on doing it, let me take a stab at incorporating the grammar into the proposed resolution. It would be helpful if you could look it over before I send it to Matt :)

Martin