Re: C++ runtime on SuSE Linux

Yogesh Kulkarni wrote:

Hi,

I am observing a problem on SuSE Linux with gcc 3.2.

I am trying to use the binaries compiled on RH AS 2.1 box on the SuSE
machine. The binaries work as expected on RH Linux, however, on SuSE I am
getting an error when tried to load a library.

The error is unresolved symbol: "__check_null_eh_spec"

Well, the problem is weird, because that symbol belonged to gcc/cp/exception.cc
and was removed together with the whole file at the end of 2000!

Therefore there is no trace of that symbol in *any* official GCC 3.2.x distribution.

But, RH maintains a separate 3_2-rh branch and now, 3_3-rh branch, which may
well have that symbol in it. I have not double checked but it's the only
possible explanation.

From a practical point of view, however, I'm not sure what to suggest:
is it a big nuisance for you linking the applications statically on the RH
box?