static C++ ABI testing

The LSB would like to be able to reuse GCC's libstdc++ DejaGnu tests for
static C++ ABI testing similar to the way the LSB reuses the POSIX libc
tests for ABI conformance testing.  First, if we built the libstc++
tests on one Linux distribution and ran them on another system without
recompiling, then will that tell us anything?   Would the GCC team
object to us trying to port the libstc++ tests from the DejaGnu
build/test environment so that we can create these prebuilt images?

http://freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-cxx/2003-October/000031.html

Lastly, does anyone see any problems with GCC's libstdc++ tests being
GPLed instead of LGPLed?

Sincerely,

--
George (gk4)