State of libstdc++ testsuite

Hallo,

My company Siemens Automation and Drives is evaluating  a move to the Gnu
development tools for one of their embedded systems. Starting with gcc-3.3.1
(July release) we were able to build successfully an x86-based cross
compiler and runtime system for a proprietary realtime operating system.

During the process of evaluation we also used the libstdc++ testsuite which
comes with the versions gcc-3.3.1 (July prerelease) and gcc-3.3.2 (October
release). We compiled this testsuite with our cross compiler and run it on
the embedded target. Some of the tests return with error messages. When I
tried to look in the various mailing lists for a problem resolution, I
recognized that actually a different set of tests is used. All test
directories (e.g., 27_io) have now many subdirectories with a different set
of test programs.

I wonder why this apparently new version of the testsuite didn't show up
with the latest major releases from July and October. Is there any plan to
include the new testsuite in an upcoming release (when?)? Is there a
tar-file available with the actual testsuite source files or do I need to
download them via CVS which is a little problem on my windows-based
environment?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards

Manfred Neugebauer