Re: [Patch] Remove workaround for copy_backward

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Paolo,

First, thanks for raising this issue.

In the abstract, I think your patch is correct.

However, in practice, I'll do differently.
For compile-time efficiency reasons, I would not go through
overloading resolution based on the last argument and function
template partial ordering.

[snip]

I see... As you did (and wrote!) in cpp_type_traits.h, right?

I will work out the approach you suggest (thanks!) for both copy and copy_backward, right?

Anyway, if this is the way to go (by the way, are you deadly sure that our beloved compiler ;) is able to generate code equally efficient in the two cases?) I think we have to rethink some code in basic_string too...