re: autotools transition report: need a flag day

Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com> wrote:
After this, nothing inside the library will refer to itself as
"libstdc++-v3".  Which means that name will not be propogated to the users.
The only places we'll be seeing "-v3" are references to the source directory.

Grumble. It would be Real Nice if the remaining -v3 references could go, too. Having to guess how to invoke the testsuite is complicating my build-and-test-any-version-of-gcc script (http://kegel.com/crosstool). I had been testing for the existence of the libstdc++ and libstdc++-v3 directories, and invoking the test by the same name. (I'm invoking runtest directly rather than 'make check'. Guess I'm paying for that now, but invoking it directly makes it a lot easier to figure out how options get passed to runtest :-) - Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com