Re: autotools transition report: need a flag day

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:54:27PM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:

> Random comment: They sure are slower than the old autotools...

Tell me about it.  :-(

> [1] Well, one of us has a patched copy of GNU autoconf-2.57 or other
> environment introduced randomness (looks "mostly harmless"):

Hadn't noticed that.  That would be Debian's patched version.  (The RedHat
machine here has become a distributed system -- the drives are stacked
against the far wall, the mainboard is sitting in another room, the case
is underneath this table, etc -- or I would have tried it there too and
seen something.)  Good catch.  I agree it should be harmless.

Phil

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan