This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch]: libstdc++/PR11504 + constness and casting clean up
- From: Gawain Bolton <gbolton at free dot fr>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:32:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch]: libstdc++/PR11504 + constness and casting clean up
- References: <3F23CAB3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030727195855.GB21621@disaster.jaj.com>
- Reply-to: gp dot bolton at computer dot org
Phil Edwards wrote:
On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:50:59PM +0200, Gawain Bolton wrote:Ok, thanks for pointing this out!
*** 95,100 ****
--- 95,101 ----
typedef _Rb_tree_node_base* _Base_ptr;
+ typedef const _Rb_tree_node_base* _const_Base_ptr;
There's a naming problem here. The library may only use names of the pattern
when the code is visible to user programs. So far the tradition has been
to use single-underscore-capital for typedefs not exposed to the user.
Yup, I'll fix these. I'll wait for any further comments until about the
same time tomorrow evening (21h30 French time) and go for round 3.
I see this problem in a few places in your patch. Fortunately they can be
fixed via simple search-and-replace. Would you mind going one more round?